Who doesn’t love an apple crumble and this one is so nutritious you could even have it for breakfast!
· 4 medium sized granny smith apples (leave skin on)
· 6 Weet-bix
· 1 ¼ cup rolled oats
· 1 tbsp brown sugar
· ½ cup desiccated coconut
· 1 tsp ground cinnamon
· 3 tsp margarine
1. Heat the oven to 170°C (fan forced).
2. Cut the apples into small rough slices or chunks, leaving the core and seeds behind, and spread the apple out in a baking dish
3. Sprinkle the cinnamon evenly over the apples
4. Grab a mixing bowl and crush the Weet-Bix into it using your hands
5. Add the rolled oats, brown sugar, desiccated coconut into the mixing bowl with the crushed Weet-Bix and stir to combine
6. Spoon out the margarine and add this to the dry ingredients in the mixing bowl
7. Use your hands to rub the margarine into the dry ingredients, until it is all rubbed in and evenly distributed
8. Pour the crumble topping over the apples and spread it out evenly
9. Bake for 20-25 minutes (or until crumble topping should is lightly browned)
Based on a recipe by nomoneynotime.com.au.