How amazing does this combination sound? And with asparagus in season it makes for a nutritious and tasty combination.
Takes 30 minutes
300g sweet potato, diced into 3x3cm cubes
2 tsp extra virgin olive oil
½ cup low fat/skim milk
½ cup light feta cheese
1 tsp smoked paprika
Pepper, to taste
1 red onion, peeled and chopped
6 asparagus spears, ends trimmed and cut into 3cm lengths
100g mushrooms, sliced
1 tbsp chopped fresh/dried dill leaves
- Microwave or steam the sweet potato until soft and set aside.
- Whisk eggs, milk, paprika and pepper together and set aside.
- Add oil to a frying pan over medium heat. Add the onion and saute for 4 minutes or until soft.
- Add the asparagus and mushrooms and cook for another 2 minutes.
- Stir in the sweet potato cubes, reduce heat to low and preheat the grill to high.
- Add the egg mixture and shake the pan slightly to combine it all. Cook for another 10 minutes, then place under grill for 2 minutes or until the egg is set and golden brown.
- Crumble feta and sprinkle dill over the top before serving.