Who doesn’t love pasta! And even more when it’s combined with the yumminess of asparagus and mushrooms!
This is an easy weeknight dinner loaded with the goodness of veggies and jam packed with flavour.
Takes 30 minutes
1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
400g mixed mushrooms, roughly chopped
300g asparagus, trimmed and cut into 2cm lengths
1/3 cup dry white wine
1 cup low-fat ricotta
1 clove garlic, minced
1 tbsp lemon juice
1 tsp smoked paprika
½ tsp chilli flakes
Pepper, to taste
Parmesan, to serve
- Cook pasta per packet directions (be mindful not to over-cook it, aim for al dente texture!). Reserve ½ cup cooking water before draining. Set aside in cold water.
- Add the olive oil to a saucepan over medium-high heat. Add mushrooms, a little pepper to taste, and sauté until they’re tender and lightly browned.
- Add the asparagus, garlic, paprika and chilli, and sauté for 2-3 minutes.
- Add the wine and cook for a further 2 minutes until absorbed.
- Add the drained pasta and ½ cup cooking water, ricotta and lemon juice, reduce heat to medium and toss to combine everything for 2 minutes. Season with pepper. Serve with parmesan.