We can help you start a family (naturally)
Starting a family is one of the most exciting things you’ll ever do – and sadly, for some women, it is one of the most difficult.
The Bod Squad has helped many of our patients with their plans to start a family. Here are some ways we might be able to help you.
Your Right Weight
Women who are over or underweight can take more than a year to conceive, when compared with women in a normal healthy weight range. So if your weight has been a factor in your family plans, talk to the Bod Squad.
As mums, medical practitioners and former fertility patients ourselves, we know that getting expert help from the start can make a positive difference.
Chiropractic Care isn’t limited to improving spinal health and core strength. Our Chiropractors Drs Lorraine Scarr and Lauren Sopota can also assess your body for suitability of exercise programs, to ensure your body is in the best possible shape.
- provide treatment, if appropriate, and an appropriate exercise plan to suit your lifestyle and physical condition
- perform a general health screen including static postural analysis, flexibility and overall muscular strength to determine the type of exercise program, which will include moderate cardiovascular and strengthening exercises
- provide you with ongoing support and periodic reviews to keep you motivated to continue to strive towards a healthier weight BMI. (Body Mass Index)
Your diet plays a key role in the health of your baby during your pregnancy – and so it should for you to increase your likelihood of falling pregnant.
Our qualified Dietician Deeni Betar-Young will:
- provide strategies to help you make long-term dietary changes
- utilise a non-diet approach to health and wellness, supporting you to eat with more awareness and enjoyment
- help you make behavioural changes through establishing realistic and practical plans that fit within your busy work, family and social life
Acupuncture has gained popularity as a complementary therapy for fertility treatments in recent years.
This ancient Chinese medical practice involves the insertion of thin needles into specific points on the body to stimulate the flow of energy and promote overall health and well-being. When it comes to fertility, acupuncture is believed to have several potential benefits.
First, it may help regulate the menstrual cycle and improve hormonal balance, which can be crucial for women struggling with irregular periods or hormonal imbalances that affect fertility. Acupuncture may also help reduce stress and anxiety, which can negatively impact fertility by disrupting hormonal balance and menstrual cycles.
Furthermore, acupuncture may improve blood flow to the reproductive organs, enhance ovarian function, and increase the thickness of the uterine lining, creating a more favourable environment for embryo implantation.
Additionally, acupuncture may also support male fertility by improving sperm quality and count. While more research is needed to fully understand the mechanisms by which acupuncture may improve fertility, many couples undergoing fertility treatments such as in vitro fertilisation (IVF) or intrauterine insemination (IUI) choose to incorporate acupuncture into their treatment plans as a complementary approach.
When performed by a skilled practitioner, acupuncture is generally very safe, making it a widely recognized and preferred medical practice.
Anna Merenda is our resident Acupuncturist. If you would like to know more about acupuncture and how it can benefit you, please give our clinic a call. Anna will happily answer your questions.